Our Range Rules Provide Shooters With A Safe and Enjoyable Range Experience
Blue Trail Range is public shooting range used by novice and experienced shooters alike, so we enforce our range rules for a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone. All visitors are expected to follow state and federal regulations for transporting and handling firearms at all times. Our outdoor range follows a “no blue sky” rule, and does not allow fully automatic or .50 caliber BMG. Shooters between the ages of 10-18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times on both the indoor and outdoor range.
- Always keep the gun pointed in a safe direction.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger until ready to shoot.
- Be sure your gun is safe to operate.
- Be thoroughly familiar with how your gun operates.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your gun.
- All guns must be carried unloaded with actions opened when exposed.
- Cease fires for each range shall be called by range officer. When the buzzer sounds, all firing shall immediately cease. Unload, open action, remove magazine and ground or bench all firearms during a cease fire.
- NO handling of firearms shall be permitted during a cease fire.
- Firing shall commence only after the appropriate call by the range officer.
- All shots will be fired at assigned target only.
- Eye and ear protection are required.
- Know and obey all range commands.
- Know where others are at all times.
- Shoot only at authorized targets.
- Ground level targets are prohibited.
- Use of range is prohibited when there is not a range officer on duty.
- Relays will be run to allow for changing targets. During target change, guns will be grounded, pointed downrange, actions open, completely unloaded.
- No one is permitted ahead of the firing line except during target changes.
- Do NOT handle any firearm, and stand away from firearms during a cease fire.
- NO rapid fire with any firearm.
- No alcoholic beverages or drug use, including recreational marijuana, are allowed on the range.
- No one will be permitted on the range if they are under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any other intoxicating substances.
- No profane language is allowed on the range.
- The range officer or range manager shall have the right to close the range to firing at any time he/she believes that conditions are unsafe.
- Always keep the muzzle pointed at the backstop or bullet trap. Never allow the muzzle to point in any direction that would allow a bullet to leave the range in the event of an accidental discharge.
THE FOLLOWING ARE PROHIBITED AT BLUE TRAIL RANGE
- Fully automatic rifles
- 0.50 Caliber BMG rifles
- Exploding targets
- Fixed position steel targets [exception–free swinging targets placed at the 100-yard berm for rifle and 25-yard berm for pistol, and at the discretion of the range safety officer (RSO) on duty for safety].
- Tracers and incendiaries ammunition
- No targets other than paper targets and other specifically authorized targets are allowed